- Postcards have an advantage over all other forms of direct mail: as soon as postcards are in the hands of their intended recipients, they begin their advertising. The message, offer, or call to action doesn't have to be unwrapped, opened, clicked, or turned on.
- Postcards are affordable. Because of their size, they're inexpensive to write, design and print. Especially with today's high quality digital printing, you can create full color cards without spending much on printing. Mail them at bulk rate or, if mailing 50 or 100, keep them at the postcard size for postage savings.
- You can produce a postcard campaign quickly. Reach your customers immediately after a trade show, contact them when new products are available, update them when new services are available...You won't have to waste weeks or months of production time.
- Postcards are simple. In our over-busy and over-stimulated world, a postcard doesn't need a huge commitment of time by a customer, which can increase response rates. Make them colorful, keep the message clear, and they'll be read.
- You can target your audience easily and inexpensively. Develop different messages for different demographics, use different colors, try different language, mix up your offers, and only mail to certain zip codes. The possibilities are endless.
- Create a campaign inexpensively and easily. Engage your potential customers with a regular postcard mailing — you can feature products, services, testimonials, special offers. With a strong visual and snappy writing, one template will serve for a long time and reinforce your business message.
We've been producing a lot of postcards lately for clients. With businesses scrambling to learn and master social media marketing, it might be the perfect time for your business to consider an old-fashioned marketing method, the postcard. Perhaps it's because we love to touch and handle our mail, or maybe it's because we're over 30 and remember days when everything wasn't digital, but we love postcards as an advertising medium. Here are 6 random reasons to consider a postcard campaign.